2016 looks like another year where Stephen Curry and Golden State Warriors wins everything in sight. Although the playoffs aren’t done yet, we can bring news of a resounding victory for both of them in the uniforms sales stakes.
NBAstore.com reports that Curry was the NBA’s most popular player jersey, while the Warriors topped the team merchandise list, making them some of the most popular sports uniforms out there. The lists make for interesting reading (see below for top 15 player jerseys and top 10 team merchandise).
Special mention should go to Kristaps Porzingis who goes straight in at number 4. He sure is in some illustrious company in that list, rubbing shoulders with Curry, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant in the top 5. It’s been a truly incredible effort for a rookie to make such a commercial impact so quickly. Another notable debutant in the list is Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls.
The main movers in the list were Kobe Bryant (up three places, probably helped by the nostalgia trip in the wake of his retirement announcement), and the Thunder duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook each went up an impressive six places. As a result, we’ve seen orders for our Tempo Basketball Jersey skyrocket!
No real surprise in the top 5 for the teams, with the Warriors being followed by the Bulls, Cavaliers, Lakers and the Knicks.
Most Popular NBA Jerseys: Top 15
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler, Chicago Bulls
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
- Paul George, Indiana Pacers
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers
- Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
Most Popular Team Merchandise: Top 10
- Golden State Warriors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Los Angeles Lakers
- New York Knicks
- San Antonio Spurs
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics
- L.A. Clippers
If you had to design custom basketball uniforms for your next season of play, which NBA team which you want your look to resemble?